The Grade 12 examination conducted by the ECZ (Examination Council of Zambia) requires good knowledge of the language, science (physics, chemistry and biology) and maths to score high marks. Reading, writing and calculating are the basic skills needed for examinations. As we all know, performing well in Grade 12 exams, especially, is essential to take the next big step – admission to a good college, which in turn will see you through a successful career.
Here are five tips for ECZ Grade 12 exams that can make a difference in one of the most crucial exams you will face.
1. Follow a timetable
Time management is key to preparing well for exams and one of the most essential five tips for ECZ Grade 12 exams.
- Chalk out a feasible study schedule and stick to it.
- Spending quality time on the study is essential rather than studying in fits and starts for long hours. This will tire you out and will bear no fruit.
- Allocate more time for subjects you need to work on more than others.
- Study all subjects every day, and set a deadline for learning each.
Combine time with study space for optimum results.
- Create a study space; size doesn’t matter; that is organised and inspiring.
- Let there be adequate light so that there is no strain on the eye.
- Let all the required study materials be stocked in the places they belong so that you don’t waste time searching for misplaced items.
- Put up a wall calendar and a wall clock that can contribute little to managing your time efficiently.
- Let your chair and desk be positioned so that it supports your back and ensures a pleasant and productive experience.
2. Planning for Examination Day
You can easily adapt and practice some golden yet straightforward rules to score better in exams.
- The golden rule is to not cram all details the night before the exam. Read through your notes rather than reading your textbook.
- Steer clear of the stressful environments and negative or nervous people. Reach the exam venue early, giving you the time to organise your thoughts and be clear in your mind.
- An important suggestion is to breathe well – draw long and calm breaths. You will be amazed to realise how relaxed you feel.
- Take efforts to stay healthy.
- Regular exercise is vital, yet during exams, a workout does wonder to
3. Solution Lies in Previous Years’ Question Papers and Revision
Studying smart as much as hard is essential to do well in exams.
- A thoughtful way to study for exams is solving previous years’ question papers, which will help you identify problem areas. This exercise gives you a chance to go back to your textbooks or teacher or peer to clarify concepts and find answers.
- Previous years’ question papers mirror essential segments of the textbooks. You can thus focus on critical portions of the syllabus and skim through others for knowledge.
- Solving previous years’ question papers gives you the confidence to face the forthcoming exam as they provide a clear idea about what to expect.
- Familiarising yourself with the questions will help you acquire the ‘pattern’, ‘shape’ or ‘form’ that questions will take in the exam you are facing. Therefore, you can be prepared for similar questions that may otherwise remain a puzzle.
Revise to remember, retain and retrieve
ECZ Grade 12 Exams revision helps commit to memory facts, concepts, and numbers. It raises your confidence levels, and the thoroughness saves time while writing out the answers to the exam paper.
Leading academics focus on revision as a strategy to score high in exams. Texila Academy’s ECZ Grade 12 Exams Topic Wise Revision and ECZ Grade 12 Exams Full Revision to students preparing to sit ECZ Grade 12 Exams.
This platform offers smart and reliable revision methods to perform well in the Grade 12 exam. Texila’s efficient tutors are its biggest strength. Chosen meticulously, they train the students through ECZ Grade 12 Exams Topic Wise Revision and ECZ Grade 12 Exams Full Revision.
4. ‘Teach to learn.’
The learning benefits of teaching are immense, says research. The ‘teacher’ tries hard to recollect information and details to present them to the ‘student’. Therefore, by explaining answers and concepts to someone else, you get clarity on the ideas you are learning. ‘Teaching’ the ‘learning audience’ will help you gain a deeper understanding of the subject and retain what you learnt, and even remember it for a long time.
5. Feeding the Brain
Eating sensibly can help in performing better in exams.
- Eating light meals before exams are highly recommended. Large meals and sugar/carb-rich food can make you sluggish as breaking them down and digesting them requires energy and time.
- Also, protein-rich food gives energy against carbs that can make you sleepy and slow you down. Before the exam, have a ‘power’ breakfast that provides you energy and helps you stay alert.
- Food to avoid during exams is high in sugar and carbs, which can make you feel heavy and sleepy. Steer clear of cookies, cakes, muffins, chocolates, desserts, and sweets as they are brain-blocking items high in refined sugar and require additional time and energy to digest/ Rice or potatoes can also be limited.
- Instead, consume ‘brain-boosting’ food. Protein-rich foods such as eggs, nuts, yoghurt, cottage cheese, almonds, walnuts, raisins, oranges, and bananas can increase your levels of alertness.
- A diet rich in omega-3 fats helps in improving your memory and concentration and calms your nerves. Omega-3 fats are found in oily fish like salmon, tuna, flax, chia, melon seeds and sunflower.
- Drinking plenty of water before and during your exam is essential.
- Consuming outside food is a big ‘no’ until the exams are over, as junk and oily food slow down your body.
Sleep Your Way to Better Grades
A study says during sleep, the brain ‘recharges’ and ‘reorganises’ itself and, in the process, improves memory and reduces mental tiredness.
- Get a good night’s sleep – at least six hours to stay fresh and focused on the exam day.
- Good sleep routines help students perform better during exams as their attention span increases and boost their learning capabilities and memory.
If these Five Tips for ECZ Grade 12 Exams are followed, you will experience an amazing transformation that will build your confidence, knowledge and strength.
English skills are important for communication, especially at a global level. A foremost competency one needs to enjoy a competitive edge in the global labor market is knowledge of English.
The English language is widely recognized in the primary school system in Zambia, the foundation of formal education. In Zambia, as in much of sub-Saharan Africa, the ability to read in English is important as it is the medium of instruction in almost all primary and secondary schools.
ECZ (Examination Council of Zambia) tests Grade 12 students for English along with science and maths and needs wholesome preparation to score high.
The blog will take you through the tips and methodologies to take up Grade 12 ECZ English Examination.
Become A Better Reader
It is crucial to complete the full revision of ECZ Grade 12 English. Practicing unseen passage comprehension within the time frame is necessary. Go through newspapers and storybooks for half an hour, at least thrice a week. You will increase your reading speed and improve your ability to gather information. When taking the test, it is always a good idea to read the questions first to hunt for the answer as you read.
Learn How To Write Better
ECZ Grade 12 English exam tests your ability to write essays, adverts, reports, and notices. Make sure your drafts adhere to the time limit. Write letters and essays every alternate day for about 15 days before the exam. Ensure you meet the word limit requirements during your practice sessions.
Enhance Your Ability To Think Critically
ECZ Grade 12 English examinations rely heavily on the literature section. The benefits of reading can last a lifetime. Take a different and broader perspective on the text. Explore new angles and viewpoints with friends and teachers.
Recall Names And Quotes That Are Important To You
You will earn better grades if your answer sheets contain words from the poem, play, or prose. You can write down the information sticky note on your wall. You must keep them in your study area, where you can see them quickly and more frequently. Keeping a list of authors is also helpful for ECZ Grade 12 English, and errors can be catastrophic.
Regularly Revise Your Notes
We recommend that you regularly revise ECZ Grade 12 English notes. Your syllabus may contain notes on the central themes and characters of the poems and prose. Revisions should be analyzed critically and discussed with your teacher.
Solve Previous Years’ Questions
A paper must follow ECZ Grade 12 English Tips and Tricks. Solve each one over the course of three hours at home, periodically. As a result of this exercise, you will be able to identify any gaps in your time management and make effort to overcome them.
While at the Exam Hall…
• Choose the questions you want to answer during the 15-minute question reading session. Determine which questions you will address first. Never miss following ECZ Grade 12 English Tips and Tricks. Start with simple questions.
• Consider the importance of each question when assigning time.
• Ensure you number your answers properly while also maintaining the correct order while attempting answers from each section. You can change the order of the questions later if you need to answer a particular question later.
• Write neatly without overwriting.
• Correctly space each answer.
• Underline the main points in the headlines and write the subheadings in black ink.
Selective Study Is Always A Bad Idea
Emphasize the importance of a chapter or poem in the ECZ Grade 12 English Examination. Even if you find a given chapter difficult, you should read it once or twice. Make sure you don’t forget your textbooks or class notes while focusing on guide books. Give equal importance to all three study materials. Revise every day to remember what was studied the previous day.
Time Management Is Essential For The Completion Of Any Task
It is best to allocate a certain amount of time to each section of your ECZ Grade 12 English Examination.
Some students don’t finish their papers simply because they have run out of time. Some questions that carry fewer marks may not require long responses. You might prefer to devote that time to answering questions carrying more marks.
Systematizing Is Essential
Answer each question correctly by following ECZ Grade 12 English Tips and Tricks. Messy answers irritate examiners. Keep a blank space for unclear questions and try to fill that space in later. Every answer should have the correct serial number. If you number your answers incorrectly, you could have a disastrous result.
Read The Questions Carefully
ECZ Grade 12 English Exam questions are easily understood once students begin writing. Read and comprehend the questions thoroughly. Once you understand the questions, begin answering them.
Students may sometimes provide a ‘general’ answer to a question, and will not receive the required mark for this.
Create An Answer Pattern
ECZ Grade 12 English Examination papers follow a question paper pattern. However, it is a challenge for every student. You can prevent that by answering the long answer questions first. Allow your brain to unclutter as you begin writing the creative portions of the paper.
Check For Grammatical Errors
Students lose marks for even minor grammatical mistakes on answer sheets. The only way to fix these errors is to read your work carefully. Make sure you set aside reasonable time to thoroughly read your answers. Do not let your focus become diluted.
Know Your Format
Long letters and essay writing sections comprise ECZ Grade 12 English Full Revision. Time constraints and other questions limit the completion of writing sections. It is important to correctly format correspondence, stories, letters, and notices. Official and informal correspondences differ slightly. However, both are crucial to receiving high marks. Keep that in mind. It’s not that hard.
Revise Your Answer Script Before Submitting It
Give yourself a writing time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. Keep aside 15 minutes for revisions.
Students must functionally prepare for ECZ Grade 12 English Full Revision. Learners must read and understand the lessons. Therefore, they can form an image of the story without frequently consulting a book. By structuring the answers, one can minimize complexity and organize the answers correctly.
The Characters Matter
One of the most frustrating aspects of preparing for an ECZ Grade 12 English Top Revision is learning the characters. Understanding each character is made easier by learning more about the story. Try to associate your outline closely with the characters to prevent any mistakes.
ECZ Grade 12 English Examination is one of the easiest subjects to score well. Answer sheets are full of silly errors that ruin the chances of getting good grades. Despite that, it is an interesting topic, and it allows us to put on our creative caps and share our perspectives. Don’t be afraid of the subject. Instead, be curious, embrace the possibilities, and be surprised by your abilities.